TTR ENGINEERS PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
TTR Engineers can design and perform analysis for many aspects of Structural Engineering. This includes and is not limited to designing with steel, concrete, masonry, timber, wood, light-gauge steel, aluminum, stainless steel and glass. Our experience covers a wide range of projects iin a variety of categories.
BUILDING STRUCTURES ENGINEERING
TTR Engineers provides structural engineering design services for new buildings, renovations and adaptive re-uses.
RESIDENTIAL BUILDING STRUCTURES ENGINEERING
For the one, two and three family residential markets, we provide Architects, Owners, Builders the following services:
- The design of reinforced masonry and concrete basement walls and footings.
- Joists, header and beam designs.
- Braced wall analysis (per R602.10 of International Residential Code).
- The design of floor framing plans
- Designs using pre-engineered trusses, I-joists, glulams, structural composite lumber, flitch beams, sawn lumber and timber.
COMMERCIAL BUILDING STRUCTURES ENGINEERING
TTR Engineers has experience in the design of offices, retail, warehouses and mixed-use spaces as well as the restoration and rehabilitation of existing buildings and structures.
INDUSTRIAL BUILDING STRUCTURES ENGINEERING
TTR Engineers is experienced with designing crane runways, warehousing with storage and stacking loads, floors with forklift traffic.
INSTITUTIONAL BUILDING STRUCTURES ENGINEERING
TTR Engineers has been involved in building design for universities, camps, amusement parks and churches.
NON-BUILDING STRUCTURES ENGINEERING AND DESIGN
We design silos for wood waste storage as well as aggregate and grain storage
COMPOSITE ELEVATED TANKS (CET)
TTR is experienced in the design of CET’s. The sizes of the water tanks have varied from 100,00 gallons to 1,530,800 gallons and the pedestal heights from 52 feet to 124 feet.
BULK MATERIAL HANDLING SYSTEM STRUCTUR
TTR Engineers has been involved in the design of conveying systems for moving coal, gypsum, raw sugar and aggregate. This includes the design of trusses for conveyors, bents, transfer towers, concrete pits, retaining walls and foundation design.
Structural Steel Connection Design
Types of Connections
- Shear Connections
- Axially Loaded Connections including column splices and hangers
- Moment Connections
- Bracing and Truss Connection
Connection Design Scope
- Review Contract Documents including Projects Specifications to determine what connection design is required and if shop drawing review is required.
- Determine Fabricator’s shop standards
- Determine Standard connections for the project.
Connection Design Software
- We use Descon, RISA Connection and our MathCad and spreadsheet templates for the design of the connections.
- Our calculations are provided in conformance with the required Edition of AISC’s Steel Construction Manual as well as the Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings.
STAIRS AND RAILS (MISCELLANEOUS STEEL DESIGN)
TTR Engineers has extensive experience in the design of stairs and rails. For monumental and complex stairs, we can model the stairs using RISA 3D to ensure the strength and defection criteria is met as well as check for any vibration issues.
We have experience designing rails using stainless steel, aluminum and glass as well as cable rails.